This event features short presentations by a number of pioneering individuals and institutions working in Jordan on issues relating to urban agriculture. The presentations cover topics including rooftop gardening, container farming, hydroponics, aquaponics, and composting. The event marks the launch of the completed study on urban agriculture in Jordan that the Center for the Study of the Built Environment (CSBE) has carried out in association with the Fredrich Ebert Foundation (FES) as part of a wider project on urban agriculture. A short introduction about the study will be presented and copies of it will be distributed at the event.
The talk program and panelists include:
- Welcoming remarks by Franziska Wehinger - Director of Regional Project on Climate Change and Energy MENA - FES
- Short introduction by Dr. Mohammad al-Asad - Founding Director of CSBE
- Short Presentations by: Machiel Van Niewenhove - Greening the Camps
- Ibrahim Hamarneh - Khalil Ibrahim Hamarneh and Sons Co.
- Layla al Qasim and Kevin Schiltz - The Green Hub
- Hala Bdeir - Nour al Barakeh
- Bashar Humeid - Yanbout Organic