About the Mobile MakerSpace
In its pilot year in September 2016, Amman Design Week kicked off a MakerSpace at the Jordan Museum as one of its main exhibitions where people gathered in the spirit of making, sharing knowledge, techniques, resources and skills. Building on the same self-directed learning experience, this year's MakerSpace is going mobile. Children will have the chance to learn the basics of making, see the impact innovative and entrepreneurial projects can make, and be exposed to technologies and craft.
Amman Design Week 2017’s Mobile MakerSpace also traveled across Jordan, engaging public school students in workshops, pop-up events and demonstration sessions revolving around crafts and making, environmental sustainability, digital fabrication and robotics.
Running from 17 - 28 September, the Mobile MakerSpace visits schools in
Visit the Mobile MakerSpace during Amman Design Week at Ras El Ain between 6 - 14 October 2017 and engage in public workshops.
Project Development by Haya Bustami and Walid Jankhut.
- Eurekan's Space - Eureka
- Hyper Kite Workshop - Shamal Start-Fablab Irbid
- Make Paper Mache Lamps using Balloons - Cellulose
- Introduction to 3D Printing - Mixed Dimensions
- Instrument Making: Jordanian Folk Music and Identity - Zikra Initiative
- The Basics of Electrical Circuits - Shamal Start-Fablab Irbid
- Origami Workshop - Waragami World
- Recycling Paper into Paper Bowls - Iraq El Amir
- Introduction to Social Innovation - DOT Jordan
- Ceramic Making with Fruit Molds - Iraq El Amir
- Upcycling - Khordda
- With Myself I Started / Resources and Waste Management - Amal Jamil Madanat
The Mobile MakerSpace was made possible thanks to the support of: